Did you know that tens of thousands of individuals in the United States every year are diagnosed with oral cancer? Given how widespread it is, you should make the time to have a yearly screening to check for oral cancer. If you notice any anomalies in your mouth, speak with your dentist about setting up an oral exam as soon as you can.
Focus your oral health care on oral cancer screenings. Save your smile with oral cancer screenings and these important questions to ask yourself and/or tips:
– Inexplicable weight loss and persistent sore throats could be signs of oral cancer.
– Try to check your inner gums for white, speckled, or deep red patches.
– Have you ever felt any strange pain, numbness or total loss of feeling in your ears, head, face, mouth, or neck?
– Continue to search for any irregular bumps, lumps, rashes, or swelling in your mouth.
– Make an effort to search for signs of unusual bleeding that occurs that cannot be easily explained.
– Do you have trouble eating or speaking, or have your teeth shifted out of position?
To schedule an oral exam for oral cancer screenings at Northridge Dental Group, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Northridge, California, with Dr. Shahdad Arami and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 818-886-6100. We look forward to hearing from you soon!